Abigail Peterson is a native of Sewanee, TN. She graduated from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX in 2004 with a B.A. in Anthropology. Abigail earned her J.D. from New England Law School in Boston, MA in 2008 where she was a member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team and the International Law Student’s Association.
While in law school, Abigail worked for the United Nations on cases involving genocide and crimes against humanity.
Abigail moved to Mississippi in 2009 to work with the immigrant community and joined Elmore & Peterson Law Firm in 2010. She focuses her practice in immigration law, particularly complex matters concerning family immigration, consular processing, waivers of inadmissibility, and applications for victims of crime or persecution.
Areas of Practice
- Family Immigration
- Asylum & Humanitarian Immigration
- Immigrant Visas
- Non-Immigrant Visas
- Citizenship & Nationality
- Consular Processing
- Defense in Removal and Detention
- Mississippi (2009)
- Massachusetts (2008)
- New England School of Law (2008)
- Trinity University (2004)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Jonathan Reichert Foundation
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation