Anu B. Kemet, a co-founder of Kemet Hunt Law Group, practices law in the areas of construction law, business development, civil litigation, bankruptcy, and personal injury. Mr. Kemet heads the firm’s business law practice, including start-ups, construction litigation, franchise negotiations, labor relations and contracts. He is responsible for a diverse caseload with substantial litigation experience.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Anu served honorably in the United States Army, held the chief operating officer position for a private elementary school, and co-founded Delights of the Garden, the first full service raw food vegan restaurant chain in the U.S. Mr. Kemet received an undergraduate degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA. He earned a law degree along with a master’s in Theological Science, with a concentration in Ethics from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Additionally, Mr. Kemet has been employed by the U.S. Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education and the U.S. House of Representatives.
Anu Kemet’s business experience has earned him the reputation as an accomplished entrepreneur. He has been featured in the Washington Post, Vegetarian Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, The New York Times, CNN, NPR, BET and other national publications. A prominent lecturer on business formation, real estate development and healthy living, he delivers educational and riveting speeches and seminars to audiences of all ages across the country.
Leads business owners, and Board of Directors through organization formation and business law issues.
Impressive clientele of over 100+ small businesses, private schools, community organizations, religious establishments and non-profit organizations within Maryland and DC.
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- Bankruptcy Court District of Maryland
- Bankruptcy Court District of Columbia
- US Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- Vanderbilt University Divinity School, Nashville, Tennessee
- Masters: Theological Science – Concentration in Ethics
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- Juris Doctorate
- Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA (Cum Laude Ford Scholar)
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Lecturer, Business Formation, Development and Healthy Living
Getting to know Anu:
- Avid Snowboarder and former skier
- Favorite place to ski: Japan
- PADI Certified Open Water and Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver
- Favorite Place to dive: Belize
- Hartford Half-Marathon–Top Ten age group finisher
- Philadelphia Rock and Roll Half-Marathon-Top ten age group finisher
- Raw Food Vegan Chef