Brian Innes is a partner at Hansen Black Anderson Ashcraft. Mr. Innes advises clients with respect to public and private securities offerings, venture capital and angel investor financings, mergers and acquisitions, initial coin offerings (ICOs), cryptocurrency, blockchain and distributed ledger technology, private equity transactions, business formations, technology licensing, commercial contracts, general securities law compliance, and securities litigation.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Associate, Carman Lehnhof Israelsen LLP, 2010 – 2012
- Associate, Stoel Rives LLP, 2007 – 2010
- Assistant Honorary Consul of Finland for Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, 2010 – Present
- Member, Utah State Bar Securities Law Section
- Member, Utah State Bar Business Law Section
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., 2007, with high honors)
- Articles Editor, Utah Law Review
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Utah State University (B.S., Finance, 2004, cum laude)
- Economics (Minor, 2004)
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Named to Utah’s Legal Elite by Utah Business Magazine
- Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine
- “Crypotcurrency Laws and Regulations: What You Need to Know” Utah Bitcoin Community, Salt Lake City Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- "Show Me The Money: The Fundamentals of Raising Capital" Entrepreneur's Law School, Salt Lake Small Business Development Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- "Blockchain and the Law" Utah Blockchain Meetup Group, The Startup Building, Provo, Utah.
- “Blockchains, Cryptocurrencies and Why They Matter” The Insiders Fund Dare to Perform Summit, Hotel Park City, Park City, Utah.