David A. Domina formed the firm in 1975. He is virtually unparalleled for his diverse and extensive trial experience. Mr. Domina is one of a handful of American lawyers to have won a jury verdict for more than $1 billion. He has also successfully defended criminal capital cases. Few lawyers have had either experience. Virtually none have had both.
Mr. Domina's extensive trial experience involves complex litigation in national, regional and local proceedings. He has tried complex civil and criminal cases, including class actions, homicide, product liability, wrongful death and serious injury, and a wide variety of complex commercial cases. Mr. Domina's appearances have taken him to courts across America. He has appeared in court in 43 out of 50 states. He has tried over 350 cases to verdict. His total trial experience includes more than a thousand suits.
Mr. Domina has:
- Won a jury verdict of more than $1.26 billion on behalf of cattlemen against the nation's largest slaughterhouse for market manipulation.
- Won a multi-million dollar class action for shareholders of a publicly traded insurance company.
- Won 9 out of 9 homicide trials.
- Tried over 350 cases to verdict.
- Argued over 250 State and Federal Appeals.
- Argued to declare invalid an entire estate property tax regime.
- Argued to declare invalid a major public improvement bid letting for violating public meeting laws.
- Argued to establish an essential element of the law of implied warranties.
- Argued to establish limits for contractual rights to restrict recourse for consumers.
- Represented attorneys in disciplinary proceedings.
- Published and spoken extensively among his peers in numerous settings