- I combine over 30 years of legal knowledge and courtroom experience with over a decade in business and real estate, wearing many “hats” – including investor, landlord, owner, and public-private partner. While litigation strategies and tactics are at the core of my legal practice, I’ve never lost sight of pragmatic, common-sense approaches and simple business decisions that comprise my “legal toolbox.”
- I’m a former trial attorney with the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, and a non-profit veteran services organization lawyer representing veterans seeking previously denied service-connected disability benefits. My passion to work for the benefit of hard-working Americans and former soldiers has fueled my intense devotion to pursuing justice.
- I represent clients with a broad range of work-related and business issues. Each of my practice areas includes a group of issues that reflect what may arise under that specific practice area. My law practice is dedicated to civil rights, employment, discrimination and retaliation claims; disability rights claims; real estate, construction and commercial litigation; securities and financial institution claims; and whistleblower and False Claims Act litigation.
- I am affiliated with a mid-sized Washington, D.C. law firm that has a global presence. This affords me the option and flexibility to call upon resources and personnel, as needed, for the benefit of clients. In the end, however, clients who hire me get me. Your livelihood, school, children, loved ones, freedoms and other life milestones are too important for me to have it any other way.
- My work in the real estate industry for over a decade has spanned activities from acquisition and financing to leasing, property management and tackling zoning and affordable housing issues. Consequently, my first-hand perspective and understanding of how multi-family and commercial buildings are constructed and managed has provided important insights into handling commercial and real estate disputes as a lawyer.
- I have successfully conducted jury and bench trials in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. I also represent clients before various administrative federal and state agencies, including but not limited to the Merit Systems Protection Board, the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. I am admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Fourth, Fifth and Federal Circuits, U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Maryland, Northern and Southern Districts of New York, U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals and the U.S. Court of Claims.