There are over 1 million laws in the United States and thousands in Ohio alone. My entire practice is devoted to one–the law that prohibits drinking and driving. Because of my concentrated focus, I know the DUI/OVI laws better than most lawyers in the state of Ohio. I am a passionate DUI/OVI defense attorney and I get results.
Most DUI/OVI defense lawyers have a fairly diverse legal practice. For example, it’s not unusual for a lawyer to call himself a DUI/OVI defense attorney while also accepting cases in domestic relations, criminal defense, personal injury and estate planning. Typically such lawyers will have a hundred open cases at any time and no limitations on the number of clients they accept. I feel this is an inefficient and ineffective way to run a DUI/OVI defense practice.
To understand what I mean, ask yourself a few basic questions:
- If your Ohio DUI/OVI defense lawyer has a hundred clients, how can he give your case the time and attention it deserves?
- If your Ohio DUI/OVI defense attorney takes cases in divorce, personal injury, criminal defense and estate planning, how well does he really know DUI/OVI defense?
- If your Ohio DUI/OVI defense lawyer has five or six hearings a day, how well can he recall the specific issues in your case and credibly present your DUI/OVI defense to a judge, jury or prosecutor?
The answers are fairly obvious. As the old adage goes, “a jack of all trades is a master of none.” If you’re not familiar with that phrase, it generally describes a person whose knowledge, while covering a number of areas, is superficial in all of them. It is why a general contractor who has a home improvement business generally relies on electricians, plumbers, and HVAC specialists. It is why a family doctor often refers patients to an OBGYN, dermatologist or cancer specialist. The concept is similar for lawyers. The more focused or limited an attorney’s field of practice, the more knowledge he will generally possess.
Using that concept as a background, I structure my DUI defense practice using a very simple formula.
- I focus on DUI/OVI and criminal defense
- I only take cases in Ohio
- I only accept a limited number of clients
If you spend a minute or two thinking about my approach, it’s obvious why I get results.
- Extremely focused practice
- Less clients
- More attention for each client
The following professional organizations have previously recognized me or offered me membership in their organizations: (1) Ranked Superior DUI Attorney by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense; (2) Ranked top 10 attorney under the age of 40 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys; (3) Recognized as a top 100 trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers; (4) Ranked as a top 40 criminal defense lawyer under the age of 40 in the state of Ohio by the American Society of Legal Advocates; (5) Recognized as a top 100 DUI attorney in the state of Ohio by National Advocacy for DUI Defense; (6) Recognized as Super Lawyer Rising Star by Super Lawyers attorney rating and recognition service; (7) Member of the National College of DUI Defense; (8) Avvo attorney-rating service.