Justin D. Goodman is a Partner in the Albuquerque office of Resnick & Louis, P.C. where he maintains a diverse civil litigation practice including insurance defense, fraud investigation, professional liability, SIU, hospitality & retail defense, personal injury, automobile defense, construction defect, bodily injury defense, employment, first party property and coverage, bad faith defense, and domestic relations. He has 10 years of trucking and transportation experience through all aspects of litigation and has served as counsel on matters related to energy efficiency and transmission with successful results. Additionally, Justin has experience with real estate transactions. He had a successful result in 2020 regarding a purchase of real estate, breach of warranty, and fraudulent disclosures.
Justin received his Juris Doctor from the University School of Law with honors including Dean’s list, clinical honors in business and taxation, and the CALI excellence for the future award. He is a visiting professor of law at the University Of New Mexico School Of Law. He had the pleasure to clerk for the Honorable Stan Whitaker and was an associate attorney with O’Brien and Padilla, P.C and Stiff, Keith and Garcia, LLC. Justin also regularly serves as a motivational speaker and grader for the New Mexico Bar Exam. In 2017 he was named as Young Defense Lawyer of the Year by the New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association.
Justin is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal courts of New Mexico, as well as in the state of Texas.
- University of New Mexico School of Law J.D.
- University of New Mexico B.A.
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, The Voice of the Defense Bar
- National Business Institute
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association. Editorial Board
- Mediator, Certified in Basic and Family Mediation
Licenses & Admissions:
- New Mexico State Bar
- Texas State Bar
Areas of Practice:
- Bodily Injury Defense
- Business & Corporate Law
- Commercial Law and Litigation
- Commercial Litigation & Transactional
- Construction Defect
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Hospitality & Retail Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice and Health Care Defense
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- SIU Insurance Fraud Defense
Phone: (505) 559-4983