Katelynn is a lawyer with a general litigation practice where she assists on matters in the labor and employment, business, and commercial litigation departments. She also helps businesses navigate Iowa’s complex laws relating to marijuana, cannabidiol, and hemp products.
- Multinational Food and Beverage Company: Complete defense verdict in a personal injury jury trial. Led the defense from discovery through arguments achieving a victory for the client. The plaintiff sought over US$20 million in damages.
- Co-author, "Doing Business in the United States: Iowa," Practical Law Company, August 2020
- Co-author, "Pay Your Taxes on Time - New Tax Laws Change Penalties," Davis Brown Tax Law Blog, June 24, 2020
- Co-author, "Iowa Legislature Passes Law to Help Protect Businesses Against COVID-19 Lawsuits," Davis Brown Legal Issues, June 19, 2020
- Author, "New balancing act: assessing risks of drug testing for marijuana in Iowa," Iowa Employment Law Letter, August 2019
- Author, "The New Balancing Act - Assessing the Risks of Drug Testing for Marijuana," Davis Brown Employment and Labor Blog, July 17, 2019
- Author, "Between a rock and a high place: Meet Iowa’s new medical marijuana statute," Iowa Employment Law Letter, October 2018
- Co- author, "Stormy days and muddy waters: wading into defamation claims," Iowa Employment Law Letter, June 2018
- Co-author, "CBD and Hemp Products," Davis Brown Health Law Blog, January 10, 2018
- Co-author, "A New Form of Authorization: Complying with Confidentiality for Substance Use Disorder Patients," Davis Brown Health Law Blog, October 2017
515 288 2500