Lynn Hartman has represented financial institutions for more than 30 years after serving as in-house counsel for Firstar Bank (now U.S. Bank) prior to joining Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC in 1998. While leading the banking and finance practice group, Ms. Hartman advises lenders and borrowers on commercial transactions including secured and unsecured lending, asset-based and real estate lending, project and acquisition financing, letters of credit and mortgage enforceability opinions. She has worked on commercial lending transactions upwards of $200 million.
In addition, Ms. Hartman helps banking clients navigate compliance requirements with federal and state regulations, as well as handling all aspects of foreclosure actions and negotiating loan default workout agreements.
Ms. Hartman presents regularly on industry and regulatory topics. She has been recognized on many rating sites, including the Best Lawyers® 2015 & 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" list for Cedar Rapids banking and finance law. Ms. Hartman is a former long-standing member of the firm's board of directors.
Additional services provided by Ms. Hartman include:
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Complex mortgage foreclosures
- Agricultural insolvencies
- Commercial business reorganizations and liquidations
Tax Exempt Financing
- Tax-exempt bond transactions including almost $250 million in bank and borrower transactions
- Claims of lender liability
- Trustee mismanagement
- Mortgage fraud
- Unfair debt collection practices
Business Transactions and Counseling
- Represents buyers and sellers of financial institutions
- Provides regulatory and compliance advice to banks and their related holding companies