Miles Patrick Hurley is an Elder Law attorney in private practice in Atlanta, serving the legal needs of the elderly population on issues related to aging; including retaining independence, quality of life and financial security.
Mr. Hurley is one of eleven attorneys in the state of Georgia (and less than 400 nationwide) who have the enhanced knowledge, skills, experience, and proficiency to be properly identified to the public as a certified elder law attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF).
He has also been given an AV rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and preeminent legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
Mr. Hurley serves or has served in the following leadership roles:
- President of the Georgia Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Committee Member of the Practice Development/Practice Management, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Founding member and Vice President of the Life Care Planning Law Firms Association (LCPLFA)
- Chair of the Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Vice president of the Board of Directors for The Lewy Body Dementia Association
- Board member Atlanta Theater To Go
- Board member Estate Planning Council of North Georgia
- Troop Committee-Boy Scout Troop 74
Education, Publications, and Credentials
- Undergraduate-Emory University/University of Tennessee, Knoxville; Law-Georgia State University College of Law
- Contributor: Alzheimer’s Association – GA Chapter,
Quarterly Newsletter; Contributor: Senior Services North Fulton Quarterly Newsletter
- Member of State Bars of Georgia and Tennessee
He lives in Atlanta with his wife and three sons.