PHILIP H. HILDER was formerly the attorney-in-charge of the Houston Field Office of the United States Department of Justice, Organized Crime Strike Force. Prior to his appointment as a trial attorney with the Justice Department, Mr. Hilder was an assistant United States attorney in the Southern District of Texas with the Presidential Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. Since leaving government service, Mr. Hilder has practiced in the area of white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and whistleblower representation. Currently, he is the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section White Collar Crime Committee Executive Director; Immediate past ABA National Chair of the White Collar Crime Committee; Presently co-chair of the ABA National Institute on Securities Fraud; Co-chair of the ABA subcommittee on Securities Fraud; Past President of the Federal Bar Association (So. TX Chapter); Criminal Law Chair (FBA - So. TX Chapter).
MR. HILDER has consistently received the highest rating from the Martindale-Hubbell legal network (AV) and is listed in the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers. He has been involved in high profile cases, such as representing the Enron and Countrywide whistleblowers; defending BP personal in the Deepwater Horizon explosion; co-lead counsel in defending the Texas Attorney General for alleged violations of securities fraud; represented The University of Texas System/Board of Regents in an impeachment proceeding being conducted by the Texas Legislature; involved in a highly publicized Washington, D.C., lobbyist/Congressional scandal; represented a Major League Baseball player in the Congressional investigation into steroid use in Major League Baseball; represented ex-executive in the Imperial Sugar explosion that killed 14 persons; the U.S. Olympic (Salt Lake City Olympics) Committee scandal; and is a frequent legal commentator on criminal cases for television, print, and radio.
Books or Video Mentioning Philip Hilder
- Interviewed, Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room Documentary
- Power Failure The Inside Story of the Collapse of Enron, by Mimi Swartz with Sherron Watkins
- Interviewed: Gangsters: Americas' Most Evil; The First Kingpin Juan Raul Garza, July 12,2012
- Texas Justice, by MARTANA.
- Thank You Power, by Deborah Norville
- George Bush, the Mafia and the CIA, by Pete Brewton.
- The Senator, by Elizabeth Drew
Featured in Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room Documentary
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- B.A. - 1977
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa, National Honors Society Mortar Board
- Honors: With Honors