Phil understands that his clients want three things: to be heard, to be treated fairly, and to get justice. And he works tirelessly to make sure this happens. Phil’s pursuit of justice has made him to be selected as a member of America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers, and selected as a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers. He is also listed as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers. Phil is not afraid to go to trial. He has represented clients in trials for everything from DUIs to first-degree murder. He also has extensive experience representing people charged with white collar crimes.
He has handled criminal cases in both State Court and Federal Court.
Phil has a long history of advocating for his clients against government and law enforcement agencies.
He was voted Pittsburgh’s Best Attorney in 2019 by the Pittsburgh city paper. He is also WPXI’s and PCNC’s Legal Analyst and has had many cases with national attention.
- 2001, Pennsylvania
- 2001, U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- 2020, U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Law School Attended
- Duquesne University
Class of 2001
- Member of the Justice Louis Manderino Honor Society, for High Attainments in Trial Advocacy.
- Westminster College, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- America's Top 50 Lawyer - Criminal Law - Pennsylvania - 2022
- Voted Pittsburgh’s City Paper Award Best Attorney in 2019
- Super Lawyers 2013-2020
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2008, 2010
- Americas Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Assoc.