Randy L. Lee, M.D., J.D., serves as an attorney and Chief Litigation Officer at The Bell Legal Group, LLC, where he leads the practice areas of Catastrophic Injury and Medical Malpractice Representation at the firm's office in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mr. Lee is a seasoned litigator with over 20 years of experience in complex litigation. He was admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 1999, the Eastern District of North Carolina in 2011, and the Western District of North Carolina in 2022.
Throughout his career, Mr. Lee has litigated cases in over 15 states and is currently authorized to practice in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Before joining The Bell Legal Group, Mr. Lee practiced with the Cranfill, Sumner, and Hartzog firm in their Raleigh Office for 10 years. He went on to become a founding partner in the Batten Lee firm, also located in Raleigh.
Prior to pursuing a career in law, Mr. Lee practiced medicine for 17 years as a board-certified anesthesiologist. His steadfast commitment to patients and heart for people translated invariably to his career as an attorney. During his legal practice, Mr. Lee has dedicated a significant portion of his work to handling a wide range of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases.Mr. Lee has been recognized in the North Carolina Super Lawyers list for Medical Malpractice and was awarded Lawyer of the Year in 2022 for North Carolina in The Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice. In April 2023, Mr. Lee was elected to become a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and is set to be inducted as a Fellow of the College in the fall of 2023. Mr. Lee graduated from Northwestern University in 1978, the University of Cincinnati Medical School in 1982, and North Carolina Central University as the valedictorian of the Evening Program in 1999.
Born: April 1, 1956; Married to Kaja Heater Lee, M.D.: two children – Jordan; Cameron; two (2) grandchildren – Harper and Addison.
- Northwestern University (B.S. Biology, 1978)
- The University of Cincinnati Medical Center (M.D. 1982)
- Northwestern University, Evanston Hospital (Internship in Internal Medicine 1983)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical Center (Residency Training in Anesthesiology, Board Certification, 1989)
- North Carolina Central School of Law, Evening Program, Valedictorian (J.D., 1999)
Law Career Employment History:
- Bell Legal Group, LLC, Partner; February 2023 to Present
- Batten Lee, LLC, Raleigh, North Carolina, Founding Partner; 2011 to 2023
- Cranfill, Sumner & Hartzog LLC: 2001 to 2011
- Faison & Gillespie, LLC; 1999 to 2001
Law Related Professional Organizations:
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
Law Related Professional Accomplishments/Recognitions:
- Listed - America's Top 50 Lawyers - Litigation - North Carolina 2023
- Listed – “Best Lawyers in America”, 2014 to present (Health Care/Defense Medical Malpractice; North Carolina “Lawyer of the Year” – 2022, 2023)
- Listed – “Super Lawyers of North Carolina”, 2013 to present
- A/V Martindale-Hubbell rating; listed “Preeminent Law Firms” (When affiliated with the Batten Lee firm)