Richard Galin practices primarily in the fields of corporate, real estate, and securities law, financial institution regulation, digital currency-related laws, money transmission laws, and business contracts. As a corporate lawyer, Mr. Galin works closely with clients and deals regularly with regulatory authorities on a wide range of matters involving corporate mergers, acquisitions, and takeover defenses; corporate governance; fiduciary duties of directors and officers; commercial real estate transactions; securities law registration, disclosure, and compliance; regulatory issues affecting banks and other financial institutions; complex commercial contracts and transactions; executive compensation; digital currency structuring and regulatory issues; business expansions and contractions; indemnification agreements; and tax-exempt bond financings.
In addition to Mr. Galin’s private securities law practice, he is an Arbitrator with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the largest securities-industry self-regulatory organization in the U.S.
Mr. Galin began his distinguished legal career as an attorney with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency in Washington, D.C., in the Securities & Corporate Practices Division, before moving to private practice in Los Angeles where he was a partner in a prominent California law firm. Prior to his practice in Nevada, Mr. Galin practiced law for six years in Tokyo, Japan as a gaikokuho-jimu-bengoshi (specially-licensed foreign lawyer) with a large, international business law firm.
Mr. Galin authors a “Business Contracts and Raising Capital” blog – at richardgalin.com – where he discusses how to avoid legal pitfalls in the world of business and finance and how to navigate laws governing securities offerings and capital-raising.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Chairman, State Bar of Nevada Administrative Law Section
- Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Organizer and Founding Director of the Las Vegas Jewish Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary Director of the Japan America Society of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Nevada Transitioning Into Practice Standing Committee
- Former Chairman, Beverly Hills Bar Association Business Law Section
Honors & Awards:
- America's Top 50 Lawyers - Business Law - Las Vegas 2023
- AV® Certification Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Vegas INC: “Top Lawyers”
Admitted to Practice:
- District of Columbia
- California (inactive)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Long Island University, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude (Accounting)