Attorney Nestico has long had an interest in personal injury law. At the age of 15, he was injured in a car crash when another driver failed to stop at an intersection resulting in a head-on collision with another vehicle, killing the other driver. Due to the incident, Nestico spent three months in the hospital recovering from injuries to both arms, one requiring a steel rod to be surgically attached. During this time, Nestico says he and his family were vulnerable to the practices of insurance companies and were taken advantage of during one of the most difficult times in their lives. Thus, Nestico’s passion for personal injury law manifested, leading him to become a personal injury lawyer.
Attorney Nestico received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1990, and a Specialized Honors of Political Science in 1992 – both from York University. He received his Juris Doctor of Law degree, cum laude, graduating in the top five percent of his class, from Touro Law School in New York in 1999. While in law school, Nestico completed two internships as a visiting student at The University of Akron, one with a state judge and one with a federal judge. He then remained in Akron where he still practices law today.
Nestico began his professional law experience with an insurance defense firm before switching to the plaintiff-side of personal injury. In 2005, along with Attorneys Kisling and Redick, Nestico became a founding partner of Kisling, Nestico & Redick. KNR has since grown from three to 35 lawyers, five to over 100 support staff, and has offices all throughout the state of Ohio.
Attorney Nestico has successfully tried cases to verdict and briefed cases before the Ohio Supreme Court and 6th District Court of Appeals. He is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum – an honor less than one percent of U.S. attorneys can claim. He has been recognized as a Rising Star and Super Lawyer several times by Super Lawyers Magazine, he has also been voted as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer, and is even a Lifetime Member listed as a Top Lawyer in the global directory of Who’s Who. Attorney Nestico is admitted to practice law in multiple Ohio courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is trilingual in English, French, and Italian. He focuses his practice on personal injury and class-action lawsuits.
Attorney Nestico is a first-generation American-Italian, as both of his parents hail from Calabria, Italy. He lives in Summit County with his wife, Patricia, and their three children.
Professional Profiles and Reviews
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2000
- Ohio, 1999
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York, J.D. cum laude – 1999
- York University, B.A. – 1992 – Major: Specialized Honors in Political Science
- York University, B.A. – 1990 – Major: Political Science
- Shannon VanHorn, et al. v. Nationwide Property and Casualty Insurance Company, et al.
- Lead Counsel representing over 200,000 claimants against Nationwide Insurance Company
- Toledo Properties v. Traveler’s Insurance
- Magnolia v. Traveler’s Insurance
Honors and Awards
- America's Top 50 Lawyers - Personal Injury - Ohio - 2023
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Ohio Super Lawyers – 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
- The Global Directory of Who’s Who – Top Lawyer, Lifetime Member
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers – 2009
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers of America
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Ohio
- The American Trial Lawyers Association Top Trial Lawyers, 2007 – 2019
- Ohio’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio’s Outstanding Young Lawyers
- Akron Bar Association Certified Grievance Committee, 2008 – 2018
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Law Firm, Attorney, 2000 – 2005
- Reminger & Reminger (Insurance Defense), Attorney, 1999 – 2000
- Gallagher, Sharp, Fulton & Norman (Insurance Defense), Attorney, 1999
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Ohio for Judge Dan Polster, Intern, 1998
- Summit County Judicial Internship for Judge Patricia Cosgrove, Judicial Intern, 1998
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites