Ron Campbell grew up on a farm near Scott City, Kansas. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Kansas and his law degree from Southern Methodist University. He practices primarily in the area of litigation, focusing on personal injury, products liability, business and construction disputes. He is author of the “Prompt Payment Acts” chapter of the Kansas Bar Association Construction Law Handbook.
Mr. Campbell is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Construction Law Litigation.
Mr. Campbell has argued cases in the Kansas Court of Appeals, the Kansas Supreme Court, and the Eighth and Tenth Circuits of the U.S. Court of Appeals.
Among the notable cases with published opinions in which Mr. Campbell has been involved, are:
- Roof-Techs Intern., Inc. v. State, 30 Kan. App.2d 1184, 57 P.3d 538 (2002) (Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General to represent State of Kansas) [Established validity of liquidation agreements in the state of Kansas]
- Gillespie v. Seymour, 19 Kan.App.2d 754, 876 P.2d 193 (1994) [Obtained reversal of multimillion-dollar judgment against national accounting firm]
- Calvert v. Garvey Elevators, Inc., 236 Kan. 570, 694 P.2d 433 (1985) [Established Fireman’s Rule in Kansas]
- United States ex rel. Smith v. Boeing, 825 F.3d 1138 (10th Cir. 2016) [Obtained summary judgment dismissal of $4.8 billion claim under federal False Claims Act]
Mr. Campbell’s recent successful jury verdicts include:
- Defense of municipality against mold claim from alleged water leak in city line
- Defense of fireworks operator against claim made by plaintiff who sustained brain damage from fireworks
- Defense of air ambulance in wrongful death action
Additionally, iMr. Campbell and Chuck Millsap of the firm successfully represented a general contractor in an arbitration proceeding in Ohio. The arbitration arose out of a multi-million dollar construction project and dealt with significant claims by several parties.