Shawn practices with a unique perspective and eye towards the most favorable outcome. His career spans 20 years in business law, real estate law, transactional matters and a variety of litigation. As a proponent of closely held businesses, Shawn seeks to assist family business owners with their day to day legal needs, as well as the family’s individual legal needs. His litigation experience includes trying cases in Federal, State, Trial and the Appellate Courts.
Shawn represents family owned businesses, banks, privately and publicly held entities as well as financial institutions, car dealerships and more. Some of his clients include:
- BruMar Productions, LLC
- Celtic Bank
- Rosen Nissan, Inc.
- Milwaukee Boiler
- Perfection Plus Real Estate Services, Inc.
- The Sportsman Channel, Inc.
- Rocky Trail Productions
- Kinateder Masonry
- Webb & Gerritsen, Inc.
- Northwoods Software Development
- Graphics Communication, Inc.
Clients appreciate Shawn’s understanding of their legal objectives because he strives to provide responsive, affordable representation. Shawn has represented clients in matters such as:
- Preparation of various business agreements related to the acquisition and operation of businesses, including business sales, franchises and distributorships.
- Transactional documents related to the sale of commercial, industrial and residential properties; bank loan documentation.
- The preparation of leases, easements, construction agreements and other documents associated with the ownership of real estate.
- Litigation of an extensive variety of civil matters ranging from insurance disputes, personal injury, probate matters, commercial transactions, creditors rights, collections, foreclosures, replevins and business litigation.
- Dussault v. Chrysler Corp., 229 Wis. 2d 296, 600 N.W.2d 6 (Wis. App. 1999)
- In re Estate of Fredericks, 319 Wis. 2d 232, 769 N.W.2d 572 (Unpublished 2009)
- PHH Mortg. Corp v. Kolodziej, 2011 WL 831175 (Wis. App. 2011)