Stan advises and counsels his clients in civil litigation matters in areas such as of business, employment, product liability, toxic tort, environmental, personal injury and wrongful death. He litigates cases in arbitration as well as in state and federal courts. Stan is also a NC Dispute Resolution Certified Mediator to conduct mediations in North Carolina Superior Court.
His recent experience includes:
- Litigating breach of contract disputes and other general civil litigation, including Employment and Business Law, in various states;
- Litigating Enforcement Actions by Governmental Entities/Department of Justice (DOL, OSHA, EPA, State DEQ) in various states;
- Litigating wrongful death and personal injury actions, including those arising from exposure to toxic agents, motor vehicle, tractor-trailer and heavy machinery accidents;
- Litigating property damage claims arising from contamination (PCBs, solvents, gasoline, metals and other toxic materials) and pesticide/fertilizer crop damage claims in various states;
- Litigating permits/civil penalties and counseling with environmental laws in various states.
Stan has been designated by his peers as one of the BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® since 2011, a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2007 through 2010, and North Carolina’s Legal Elite since 2011. He has also been inducted as a Senior Fellow in Litigation Counsel of America (LCA-Proven Trial Lawyers), an invitation only trial lawyer honorary society comprised of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. He has alsoserved on the Council for the Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.