Steve Heine has represented companies, businesses and individuals in lawsuits for more than 40 years. He has personally tried as lead counsel more than 100 jury trials in State and Federal Courts in Illinois, Iowa and Missouri.
Steve has represented clients large and small in cities and rural counties. He has been the President of State and National Bar Associations, written and spoken widely to local, state and national lawyers’ organizations, taught other lawyers how to try jury cases and represented companies nationally including in some of the most challenging of jurisdictions.
Steve is often retained immediately upon the happening of a catastrophic accident, responding to the site to manage the risks and secure and preserve evidence, arrange for consultant experts and provide strategic advice.
When not representing clients, Steve can often be found riding horses, fishing or playing tennis.
- Illinois 1981
- USDC Central District of Illinois 1987
- USDC Northern District of Illinois 1981
- US Supreme Court 1986
- US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit 1986
- Central & Southern Federal Districts of Illinois
- Illinois State University BS Law Enforcement Administration/Corrections 1978
- Southern Illinois University School of Law J.D. cum laude 1981
- Stephen has tried more than 100 jury trial to verdict between 1981 and 2021 in State and Federal Courts in Illinois and Iowa. Stephen has appeared in courts in Missouri and elsewhere pro hac and has worked with clients and witnesses throughout the United States on a wide range of legal matters.
Representative Trials, Litigated Matters and Appeals:
- Young v Railroad, Jury Trial Montgomery County, IL 2021 FELA Railroad Worker
- Singleton v Jackson, Mclean County IL Trial Legal Malpractice
- Rosales v Erie Insurance, Jury Trial Whiteside County, IL 2008 First Party Property/Arson
- Thurman v Hams Holiday Harbor, Jury Trial Peoria County, IL 2005 Wrongful Death
- Moore v Diamond Star Motors, Jury Trial McLean County, IL 1993 Construction Accident
- Snyder v Hanna City Sportsmen’s Club, Jury Trial Peoria County, IL 1988 Scarring and Facial Disfigurement
- Mwesiegwa v DAP, USDC E.D. MO 2010 Product Liability/Preclusion and Preemption/Warnings and Instructions
- Curl v Railroad, Jury Trial Des Moines, IA 2019 Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Claim
- Guerreo v Railroad, Summary Judgment Affirmed US Seventh Circuit 2019
- Miller et al. v Koch Trucking and CILCO, Jury Trial Madison County, Illinois 1993